Friday, November 10, 2017
JOB TITLE: IT Support Specialist
SCHEDULE: Full Time
SUMMARY: Our innovative computer consulting firm, based in Oakland County, is seeking a skilled consultant to support our clientele, consisting mainly of small businesses and non-profit organizations. This consultant will be an integral part of our dynamic and dedicated team of IT professionals. This position requires an applicant with a strong work ethic and the ability to follow through on both short and long-term projects. New learning opportunities abound as daily challenges and opportunities are faced.
- Provide proactive and reactive support services to our clients
- Assist with project-based consulting services for deploying new environments and upgrading/migrating back-end applications (Exchange, SQL, Windows Server)
- Support Windows Server environments, as well as a wide variety of e-mail environments (Microsoft Exchange, Google Apps, and Office 365)
- Provide remote and on-site (face-to-face) server/desktop support
- Troubleshoot end-user issues with hardware, software, and networks
- Ensure that customer documentation and communication logs are up-to-date and accurate at all times
- Create technical recommendations based upon assessed business requirements
- Assist clients with purchasing hardware and software appropriate for their systems, and associated quoting
- Support and troubleshoot firewall and security appliances, including building router configurations from scratch
- Effectively communicate to the general public, co-workers, and management through both written and oral channels
This position requires driving to the Concise office and client or vendor sites within a 35 mile radius of the metro-Detroit area. An applicant must possess a current, valid Michigan Driver’s License with a driving history that does not create liability concerns for the company.
- Experience working with end users, via telephone and in person, to resolve application software, system software, hardware, printing, and network issues
- Experience maintaining computer hardware (building computers from scratch, troubleshooting, replacing parts, identifying faulty hardware, etc.)
- Extensive experience with various Microsoft Windows workstation operating systems
- Ability to follow established departmental procedures, learn new tasks and readily adapt to operational changes
- Extensive working knowledge of local area networks (cabling, installation, design, troubleshooting, TCP/IP, router configuration, file sharing, etc.)
- Working knowledge of terminal services and remote access (TeamViewer, Site-to-site VPN, PPTP/L2TP, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008/12/16, including Exchange (configuration, maintenance, installation, etc.)
- Basic skill in the use of domain/hosting/e-mail terminology and concepts such as CNAMES, MX Records, Domain Name Registrars, FTP, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Small Business and Server Standard platforms (2008, 2011/2/16)
- Ability to research and analyze data and make appropriate recommendations to management and/or clients
- Excellent customer service skills (a professional, business-like manner and appropriate telephone and e-mail etiquette)
- Some knowledge of operations, procedures, services and objectives of service-based or retail business operations
- Be comfortable directly supporting the end-users of small- to medium-sized businesses as their outsourced help desk
- Experience with Mac OS and Linux
- Knowledge of database structures and programming
- Basic skill in the use of programming languages
- Considerable knowledge of website development and content management technology (WordPress, etc.)
- Knowledge of common DOS commands that aid in troubleshooting file sharing and/or networking issues
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCSE/MCITP) of windows desktop and laptop support
- Advanced experience with configuring Active Directory Roles (IIS, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Be eager to play a key role in a winning team, and be willing to work hard, learn fast, and grow with us
- Be passionate about delivering outstanding service to our clients
- Be willing to dedicate time after-hours as needed – this is more than just a boring 9-to-5!
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Have excellent social skills – the ability to deal with a variety of people is a must
- Be willing to actively participate in new training to improve your skills and success on the job
- Be able to juggle and prioritize multiple requests in real time with patience and positivity
- Regularly contribute to our internal knowledgebase and take detailed notes in client invoices and trouble tickets. The importance of extensive documentation cannot be overemphasized.
IT should be fun! We love our jobs, and we treat our colleagues and clients with the utmost respect. We believe in empowering people, not acting as gatekeepers of knowledge. Enjoying your work, keeping a positive attitude, and exhibiting professionalism are keys to success at Concise. At Concise, every employee is a hands-on contributor, and everyone wears several hats. We are our clients’ trusted IT advisers. This routinely places us in many different roles, including sales, technical support, and even office administration. We enjoy juggling projects and support requests between our much needed monthly in-office massages! No one ever hesitates to openly discuss goals and strategy in our daily projects and monthly meetings – which can get rowdy and end in a score settling ping-pong match!
Currently, only ONE position is available. We look forward to hearing from you and reviewing your resume and cover letter. Please send both to firstname.lastname@example.org (no calls, please).
PLEASE, NO OUT OF STATE APPLICANTS