Tuesday, April 5, 2016
Good Morning! My name is Chelsea and I love to bake. I always have, and I noticed its a great way to boost morale in our office (who doesnt love cookies?). I decided that for this blog post that I would make hummingbird cookies, a nice treat for the team, as well as representing our awesome company. Below is the receipe for both the cookies as well as the frosting, I hope you enjoy them as much as we do 😀
1 Cup of butter
1 Cup of sugar
1 Large egg
2 Tablespoons of milk
1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
3 Cups of flour
1 1/2 Teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 Teaspoon of salt
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until smooth, then add the edd, milk and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Gradually add to butter mixture until well blended. Cover bowl, chill for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375, roll doug to a 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with floured cookie cutters. Place 1-inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 5 to 9 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Cool 2 minutes, remove to wire rack.
1 Stick of butter
2 Cups of powdered sugar
1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoons of milk
- Beat butter and powdered sugar until smooth. Add vanilla extract, beat into mixture. Add 1 tablespoon of milk, beat until creamy. If the frosting is too thick, add more milk until you reach desired thickness.
by: Chelsea Tisher